Saskatchewan Visual Arts Awards
CARFAC SASKATCHEWAN VISUAL ARTS AWARDS!
In 2008, CARFAC SASK established three Visual Arts Awards, which are given out every two years.
Deadline for nominations for the 2016 awards is October 31, 2016.
The awards will be presented as part of the CARFAC SASK Annual General Meeting.
Download the nomination form and guidelines by clicking on the links below.
Stay tuned for the announcement of the 2016 Visual Arts Award Recipients. The awards will be presented at our Annual General Meeting in Saskatoon this November.
The Patrick Close Leadership in the Arts Award celebrates an artist's substantial contribution to CARFAC SASK and the visual culture of Saskatchewan over a period of time.
The Mentoring Award celebrates an artist's wisdom, experience and generosity of spirit and contribution to the professional development and mentoring of others in the Saskatchewan visual arts community by sharing their work, their artistic practice and knowledge. Mentoring enriches and fosters environments in which to learn, teach, and grow.
The Emerging Artist Award celebrates an artist's emergence into professional practice.
Previous award recipients have included:
- Jack Cowin - Patrick Close Leadership in the Arts Award 2014
- David Garneau - Mentor Award 2014
- Catherine Blackburn - Emerging Artist Award 2014
- Doug Townsend - Patrick Close Leadership in the Arts Award 2012
- Patrick Close - Mentor Award 2012
- Andrea Norberg - Emerging Artist Award 2012
- Grant McConnell - Long Shadow Award 2010
- Laura Hale - Emerging Artist Award 2010
- Iris Hauser - Mentor Award 2010
- Gary Robins - Mentor Award 2008
- Michel Boutin - Mentor Award 2008
- Wally Dion - Emerging Artist Award 2008