Call for Entries - Short Videos - Prince Albert Third Annual Film Festival - Deadline August 20th
Art Gallery of Prince Albert & REEL RAVE
Call for Short Video Entries (DVD format)
The Art Gallery of Prince Albert is pleased to announce its third annual “international” film festival, REEL RAVE, in beautiful Waskesiu, Saturday Sept. 12 and Sunday Sept 13, 2009. The festival will feature 6 award-winning films from the Toronto International Film Festival Circuit.
Locally produced “short videos” will be also be shown at the festival.
We invite you to submit your original short video(s) by August 20, 2009 to the Art Gallery of Prince Albert c/o Gallery Film Committee;
142 – 12th St. W., Prince Albert, SK. S6V 3B5.
Film Committee members will make the final selection.
The festival audience will be voting for their favourite “local short” with an award to be presented. Last year’s winner was TUMBLEWEED by Angela Edmunds.
- Video running time must not exceed 15 minutes.
- Received at the Gallery office by no later than 4:00pm, August 20, 2009.
- DVD format
- All genres of movies are acceptable such as: documentary, music video, drama, comedy, animation etc.
- Videos must be produced in Saskatchewan.
- Videos must be suitable for “General” audience viewing (the committee reserves the right to disqualify entries if content is deemed inappropriate; excessive violence, or profanity, or sexually explicit scenes)
- Include a one-paragraph description of the video suitable for promotional purposes or for printing in the festival program.
- Include pertinent information about the video such as the year it was completed, writer, producer, director, editors, actors, musician etc. (and short bios if applicable)
- Limit of 2 submissions per candidate.
- Must agree to have the video shown at this year’s film festival if it is accepted.
- Include a phone # where you can be contacted.
- If you would like your DVD returned please include a return address.
You will be notified by no later than August 28 if your video has been accepted into the festival.
Successful entrants will receive a free pass to the festival.
Note: A critique of videos will not be provided.