Workshop - Monumental Sculpture on a Municipal Budget - Have you ever wished your town had an Iconic sculpture? Friday July 16th 10 to 3 pm
Workshop - “Monumental Sculpture on a Municipal Budget” - Have you ever wished your town had an Iconic sculpture? July 16th
Attention: Artists, Municipal Administrators, Tourism Representatives, Economic Development Committee Members,
Community Councils, Reeves, Mayors and interested people;
Have you ever wished your town had an Iconic sculpture to catch the eye of visitors?
You are invited to attend the workshop:
“Monumental Sculpture on a Municipal Budget”
July 16th, 2010 in Lumsden, SK.
10 am to 3 pm
The morning session, from 10AM until noon will address concerns on the municipal side:
• Have you ever wished your town had an Icon to catch the eye of visitors?
• Do you know how to attract artists who are able to deliver monumental sculpture that is acceptable to your public, and that is durable, safe, and delivered on schedule?
• How do you represent the cultural and historic significance of your community?
• What resources are available?
The afternoon session, from 1:00 until 3:00 will be directed toward artists.
• Do you have what it takes to create monumental sculptures?
• How do you plan a monumental sculpture?
• Where do you start?
• What are the safety requirements?
• What are the advantages of creating sculpture in a symposium environment?
Keynote speakers: Alejandro Lacassie, and Carlos Vargas, from Chile, who have been instrumental in the development of monumental sculpture in their homeland.
Also featuring Saskatchewan artist, Sarah Afseth, of Tugaske, SK. president of the Tugaske Regional Arts Association Inc. and a major participant/organizer in sculpture symposia: Saskatoon, Shell Lake, Big River, North Battleford, and Payton, SK.
The workshop registration fee is $25.
Members of CARFAC Sask., Saskatchewan Craft Council, Prairie Sculptors’ Association Inc., ReARTcycle Inc., and Tugaske Regional Arts Association Inc. register for $15.
Lunch is available for everyone.
For more information,
and to register, contact:
CARFAC SASK (Regina Office)
Everyone is invited to an evening FIESTA, presented by the Regina Chilean Canadian Cultural Society.